Thursday, 22 July 2010

Introduction

As an introduction is always a good way to start, here we go!

I am starting a PGCE in Geography at Leicester University from September 2010. I graduated in 2005 with a degree in Environmental Earth Science and subsequently went on to do further studies in town planning. I have since been working as a town planner but realised that it wasn't the right career for me and have decided to follow a path in education.

Looking through the subject knowledge audit the main topics that I am a little rusty on, not having looked at them since I was at school, are as follows:

• Weather and Climate: air masses, depressions and atmospheric lapse rates.
• Cultural Geography
• Skills: use of GIS etc

I will aim to improve my knowledge of these topics through posts over the coming months and look forward to chatting and reading other post’s from those also starting the PGCE.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment